As promised, here's the tutorial for the Post-It™ Note Holder from the Royal Blog Tour.
STAMP SET: Upsy Daisy
STOCK: Travel Journal DSP (Summer Mini), Kraft (soon to be
renamed Crumb Cake)
INK: Sage Shadow, Sahara Sand
ACCESSORIES: Big Shot, Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Gold Glow Smooch Spritz, Natural Hemp Twine, Mini Glue Dots, 1" x 1-1/4" Post-It Note pad (about 1/4 pad), 4" x 6" 'leaning' frame of any sort.
* * * * * * * * * *
This is a rewardingly easy project. I had a metal and glass 4" x 6" leaning frame that I'd received years ago---as a Post-It™ Note holder. What better to re-use? But you can find a plastic or glass leaning frame at a dollar store or hobby store.
- Cut a piece of Designer Series Paper to fit under the glass or plastic.
- I used the new Travel Journal Designer Series paper that is found in the 2010 Summer Mini Catalog. The pattern I chose is very neutral but still interesting.
- Stamp it any way you wish.
- I used Upsy Daisy of course, and both Sahara Sand and Sage Shadow Classic Inks and I stamped them just about 1/8" apart.
- I used a few butterflies, attached with Mini Glue Dots, from the Beautiful Wings Embosslit from the 2010 Occasions Mini Catalog (just retired), the Big Shot, and a 1-1/4" x 1-1/2" piece of Sahara Sand card stock to embellish the Designer Series Paper. The Sahara Sand card stock is positioned right under where the Post-It™ Note pad will be sitting on the glass.
- I also sprayed the DSP with the Gold Glow Smooch Spritz--inside the Color Catcher so the Spritz didn't spray all over my table top or chair.
- Then I used a piece of Hemp Natural Twine, attached with a Mini Glue Dot, and a small Post-It™ Note pad, attached with Sticky Strip, on the outside of the glass.
- Put them all together and you're done! How hard was that?
I hope you enjoy making a Post-It™ Note holder for yourself or for a friend. They'll smile every time they pull off a note.
If you need any of the stamping ingredients for this project, be sure to let me know and I'll help you immediately. Or you can just click on my name below and be directed to my OnLine Store on my Stampin' Up! Demo Website. Enjoy.........