This charming card can be used for many occasions: anniversary, friend to friend, birthday, and more. Your imagination and needs are the limit.
You'll need the following ingredients:
STAMP SET: Well Scripted (2010 Occasions Mini, p. 19, 117072 [wood], 118601 [clear-mount] or Whimsical Words (2010 Sale-a-Bration catalog, p. 8, 118386 [wood] or 119119 [clear-mount]FREE with $50 purchase until March 31, 2010)
- Old Olive 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" and 1-1/2" x 5-1/2" scrap (for leaves)
- Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper Stack (2010 Occasions Mini, p. 33, 117161, $24.95, 48 sheets: 2 each of 24 double-sided 12" x 12" designs.
- Card Layer: sheet #12: orange w/flowers--brown w/white polka dots: 4" x 5-1/4"
- Card Layer: sheet #12: orange w/flowers--brown w/white polka dots: 3/4" x 4"
- Pink Bird: last sheet (pattern #24) of paper in the 'stack', pink diagonal stripes
- Teal Bird: Sheet #17: Taken w/Teal/Pumpkin Pie/Choc. Chip circles--Taken w/Teal patterned: 1-1/2" x 3" TIP: Position the DSP so the circles show through the punch. This way the teal bird is mirrored to the pink bird.
- Wings: reverse side of pattern #24: punch 1 wing from the Old Olive check and the other from the Sahara Sand colored check. TIP: Punch the wings so they are mirrored.
INK: Chocolate Chip Classic Ink
ACCESSORIES: Extra Large Two-Step Bird Punch (2010 Occasions Mini, p. 10-11, #117191, $15.95), Stamping Sponges, Two-Way Glue Pen, SNAIL Adhesive, Dimensionals
- Using Chocolate Chip ink, sponge the edges of the 4" x 5-1/4" DSP layer, the two punched birds, and the two punched wings.
- Use the fine tip end of a Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker to add an eye to the punched birds and to color in the beak areas.
- Adhere the 4" x 5-1/4" piece to the Old Olive card front.
- Adhere the 3/4" x 4" polka dot DSP about 1/4" from the front left edge of the card front.
- Use the 2-Way Glue Pen to adhere one branch so the left end overlaps the 3/4" strip and the leaves point slightly downward. Adhere the second branch starting at the right edge of the card and the leaves point down just above the first branch.
- Use SNAIL to adhere the wings so that they are positioned off of the back of each bird.
- Use Stampin' Dimensionals to attach each bird to the card front, sitting on a branch, facing each other.
- Stamp your greeting in the lower right corner.