Here's the final card using the Extra Large Two-Step Bird Punch. Can you believe that this flower is made with birds????
Gather up the following supplies:
STAMP SET: Whimsical Words
- Old Olive: 8-1/2" x 5-1/2", 1-1/2" x 3" scrap
- Sweet Pea Designer Series Stack (2010 Occasions Mini):
- Taken with Teal Sheet: 4" x 5-1/4" (Old Olive delicate floral print with Taken with Teal/White Herringbone on the reverse)
- Rose Red patterned: 2" x 12" -- Birds (swirly color-on-color circles with Pretty in Pink/White herringbone on reverse.
- Old Olive with So Saffron Polka Dots: 2" x 6" -- Wings (perhaps pattern #3 in the stack) (So Saffron/white soft pattern on reverse)
ACCESSORIES: Extra Large Two-Step Bird Punch (2010 Occasions Mini, p. 10-11, $15.95, 117191)1/2" Circle Punch, Stamping Sponge,
SNAIL Adhesive, Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Two-Way Glue Pen, Paper
Snips, Grid paper
- Punch out 7 birds (make sure they are all facing the same way)
- Punch out 5 wings (make sure they are all facing the same way)
- Turn the 'wing' DSP over and punch out 1 polka dot with the 1/2" circle punch
- Using Chocolate Chip Classic Ink, sponge the edges of the 4" x 5-1/4" Teal DSP layer and the birds (pink side), wings (so saffron side) and circle (so saffron polka dot).
- Create a flower by adhering the punched birds together. Add a bit of SNAIL on the back of the bird heads. Place the right hand bird on top of the left bird with the beak points overlapping and about 1-3/4" of space left between the tips of the tails.
- Use the same layering technique to adhere the five wings together. Overlap the center part of the wing about half way and leave about 1" between the tips of the wings.
- Use a Mini Glue Dot to attach the punched circle to the wings.
- Use a Dimensional to attach the small yellow star flower onto the center of the large bird flower.
- Use 3 Dimensionals to adhere the layered flower onto the card front.
- Use the Bird Punch to punch out two leafy branches from the 1-1/2" X 3" scrap.
- Cut one branch about 1/8" below the leaves
- Use the 2-Way Glue pen to adhere the branch piece without leaves so that it comes out under the center of the flower and goes towards the bottom of the card.
- Use the 2-Way Glue pen to adhere the full branch with the leaves on the left side and so the top right leaf covers the end of the first branch piece. Trim off the extra at the edge of the DSP.
- Add 2-Way Glue to the back of the leaf piece and place on card with leaves on the right side of the stem. Slip the end under the stem on the card front.
And you're done! Pretty cool huh?