To make this card, you'll need:
STAMP SET: Well Scripted (117072 wood OR 118601 Clear mount) (2010 Occasions Mini Catalog)
INK: Chocolate Chip Classic Pad
CARDSTOCK: Stampin' Up! Designer Series Paper of your choice, 2 coordinating pieces of 8-1/2" x 11" cardstock. I used the retired Parisian Breeze Specialty DSP, Textured White and Sahara Sand (12" x 12") 108693
ACCESSORIES: Stampin' Up! punches: Scallop Circle (109043), Curly Label (112208), Heart to Heart (113694), Scallop Trim Border (FREE: Sale-a-Bration 2010, 118402), Mat Pack (105826) and Paper-Piercing Tool (116631), Stamping Sponges (101610), Circle Ice Rhinestone Brads (109111), Mini Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive
Base card: 4-1/4" x 11", scored and folded at 5-1/2"
Top (horizontal): Sahara Sand: 4" x 2-1/8"; polka dot patterned: 3-3/4" x 1-7/8"
Vertical, left side: 2-1/2" (this will be trimmed later) x 4-3/4"; patterned: 1-3/4" x 4-1/2"
Vertical, right side: 2" x 3-1/2"
Scraps: Sahara Sand (for punching 4 Curly Labels), printed pattern (left vertical) for punching 3 hearts
- Using Mat Pack and Paper-Piercing Tool, punch holes in horizontal and left vertical DSP layers.
- Punch one long edge of Sahara Sand vertical layer using Scallop Trim Border punch.
- Sponge all four edges of the horizontal and vertical, lighter colored pieces of paper-pierced DSP, using Stampin' Sponge and Chocolate Chip ink.
- Layer pierced vertical layer on top of punched (above) Sahara Sand CS, trimming excess cardstock from the right side as necessary. Set aside.
- Layer pierced horizontal layer to Sahara Sand CS. Set aside.
- Adhere right vertical darker piece of DSP to card front, positioning it 1/8" from right side and bottom edges.
- Adhere horizontal layer.
- Adhere left vertical layer.
- Using Heart to Heart punch, punch out 3 little hearts from the printed DSP.
- Spacing evenly, attach left and right hearts to bottom of right vertical CS. Then place the center one between them. Your hearts will now be evenly spaced. :)
- Set this card piece aside for now.
- Using Sahara Sand scrap CS, punch out 4 curly label pieces.
- Sponge all edges with Stampin' Sponge and Chocolate Chip ink.
- Position these curly label punched pieces so they form a "square" of sorts. Attach with SNAIL adhesive. Set aside.
- Using Scallop Circle punch, punch out 10 pieces. Make 2 piles, 5 scallop circles in each pile, with 5 of each pattern facing up in each pile.
- Fold each scalloped circle in half and in half and in half again. You want to make as tiny a "pizza slice" as possible. Set aside.
- Open folded up circles and stack them, alternating colors. Using paper piercing tool, poke a hole (holes) through the center of the entire stack.
- Poke Iridescent Ice Brad through the entire stack, from the top. Get the curly label piece and position it at the bottom of the circle flower stack. Open brad to secure at the bottom.
- Attach to card front with 5-6 Dimensionals.
- You might want to secure the bottom layer of the flower to the curly label pieces with 4-5 Mini Glue Dots.
- Stamp the greeting of your choice at the lower left of your card.
- IF you want, alternating your patterns, cut 5 1-1/4" square pieces of your DSP.
- Attach them side by side. Ensure that these pieces are even along the two long edges. Use a personal paper cutter to even up those edges if necessary.
- Punch one long edge with the Scallop Trim Border punch. Attach to bottom inside of card. Trim off side edges as necessary.
Note in the photo above, that I haven't yet secure that bottom flower layer with the glue dots. In the photo at the top of the page that bottom flower layer has been secured with about 4-5 glue dots. Lots better I think. I don't have any of the netting that Nancy used on her card so, didn't use it. The card still looks great. :)
Email me (left sidebar) or click on Shop Now (upper right corner of this blog) on my Stampin' Up! Demo Website, to get any supplies you need to re-create this card. It's a winner. My sister LOVED hers!