This is a great way of adding dimension to an image by using two colors of ink. I'm sorry I do not have any stampin' supplies with me as I'm preparing this tutorial. But I think you'll be able to get it. If not, please let me know and when I'm home again I'll take some photos of the process.
- Floral, solid or with petals, image stamp
- Two color of ink pads, one lighter, the other darker, or a light ink pad with a darker marker
- Card stock
- Ink the image with the lighter color stamp pad.
- Add darker ink to the edges of the same image by laying the edge of the image onto the darker pad and rolling it around in a circular motion. This will add ink to the edges of the image only.
- Stamp the image on your prepared card stock.
You can try this technique on pretty much any stamp that you can roll around on a stamp pad. Or you can scribble on the edges with a darker marker.
Try it! I think you'll like it!