This is a really fun and easy card to make. So, let's get started. You'll need:
STAMP SET: Well Scripted (2010 Occasions Mini, 117072 [wood], 118601 [clear-mount])
CARDSTOCK: So Saffron, Taken with Teal, Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper Stack (2010 Occasions Mini, p. 33, 117161)
INK; Chocolate Chip Classic Pad and Marker, Taken with Teal pad
ACCESSORIES: Extra Large Two-Step Bird Punch, Stamping Sponge, SNAIL Adhesive, Blender Pen
Score the 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" So Saffron card stock at 4-1/4" along the 8-1/2" side.
Tear about 1/4" off on of the 4" edges of the 3" x 4" piece of teal DSP. Slight distress the torn edge with your fingernail or a bone folder.
- Punch the Taken with Teal card stock with the Bird Punch. SAVE THE SCRAP to use later.
- Sponge the edges of the So Saffron card front with a Stamping Sponge and Chocolate Chip ink.
- Sponge the edges of the punched bird and wing pieces using Taken with Teal ink. You won't need the branch so either throw it away or save it for a future need.
- Sponge the edges of the torn teal printed Designer Series Paper with Taken with Teal ink.
- Adhere (Snail adhesive) the sponged DSP leaving about 1/8" showing on bottom and sides of card front.
- Use the fine tip end of the Chocolate Chip Marker to add an eye and to color in the beak area of the Taken with Teal punched bird.
- Adhere the bird to the left side of the card front about 1/2" above the torn edge of the DSP.
- Use the fine tip of a Chocolate Chip Marker to draw in two legs.
- Lightly dab a Blender Pen on a Chocolate Chip pad and lightly draw mirror image legs so they look like a reflection on water.
- Use Taken with Teal card stock that the bird was punched from as a MASK. Place the bird image next to the legs drawn with the blender pen. Hold the mask firmly and sponge Taken with Teal ink through the punched out bird. Be careful not to sponge over the edge of the mask.
Stamp a greeting from the Well Scripted stamp set at the top right of the card front, using Taken with Teal ink. Or, don't stamp the greeting now and wait to stamp it until you're ready to use the card. The card can be used for so many occasions.
There will be three more tutorials using this fabulous Extra Large Two-Step Bird Punch. Stay tuned.