OK, ready to make your clown? This is such a fun card! Here is the finished card again for reference:
STAMP SET: Well Scripted
- Pumpkin Pie 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" and a 1-1/2" x 5-1/2" scrap for punching (eyebrows, mustache)
- Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper Stack (2010 Occasions Mini) (see pictures for patterns)
- Chocolate Chip scrap (eyes)
- Pretty in Pink scrap (nose)
INK: Chocolate Chip Classic Pad and Marker
ACCESSORIES: Stampin' Up! Extra Large Two-Step Bird, Crop-a-Dile, Paper Snips, Stamping Sponge, Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, SNAIL adhesive.
Sweet Pea DSP Stack pieces:
Punch the following pieces:
- Pumpkin Pie scrap: 2 birds and 2 wings
- Pretty in Pink scrap: 1 wing
- Chocolate Chip Scrap: 2 eyes using the 3/16" punch of the Crop-a-Dile
Using a Chocolate Chip Classic Ink pad and a Stamping Sponge, brush the edges of the
- eyebrows (2 wings)--check to ensure you're sponging the right sides.
- nose (1 wing)--check to ensure you're sponging the right side.
- mustache (2 birds)--check to ensure you're birds are facing each other.
- white/so saffron DSP layer (4" x 5-1/4")
Attach DSP layer to card front. Lay the other pieces on top of the DSP layer to get the proper positioning. DO NOT ADHERE yet.
Mustache: Use SNAIL adhesive to adhere the two birds with the faces overlapping 1/2 inch. Layer the nose over the heads to 'hide' what your overlap.
Bow tie: This isn't difficult but needs good explanation, hence all the pictures.
Fold in half lengthwise but DO NOT CREASE. Do pinch the center section.
Use scissors to cut from each corner to the closest score line and about 1/4"-1/8" from the center.
Use scissors to cut off one long side straight across the 1/4" center area. Remove the other 3 triangles.
Wrap one 1/4" wide flap around the front of the DSP so the blue side is face up and wraps over the circles pattern. You can snip off the other flap at this point. Secure the end of the remaining flap behind the bow with a Mini Glue Dot.
I like to lay my paper right on top of the Mini Glue Dot, push the paper with my finger nail or a tool right into the Glue Dot, and then remove it from the roll.
Sponge all edges as for the other pieces: Chocolate Chip ink and a Stamping Sponge.
If you laid your pieces out before making your bow tie and creating your mustache, double check the alignment. If you're happy with it, then begin to attach the pieces to the card front.
- With SNAIL adhesive, adhere the 'hat', angled in the top left corner.
- Attach the 1/4" x 1-3/4" blue patterned strip to create the brim of the hat.
- Attach the Pumpkin Pie wings overlapping the hat brim to make eyebrows.
- Attach the mustache (with nose) about 1/2" below the eyebrows, using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Use either a Two-Way Glue Pen or Mini Glue Dots to attach the eyes, hanging them a bit off of the eyebrows. If you're using Mini Glue Dots, remembers to lay each Chocolate Chip eye on a separate glue dot, push with nail to secure glue dot to card stock, peel off, and position as described above.
- Use two Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the bow tie.
- Draw on a smile (practice on your grip paper first!) using the fine tip end of the Chocolate Chip Marker.
- Stamp your greeting in the upper right hand corner.