If you're looking for a card that says "springtime smiles", this is it!
- STAMP SET/S: Build a Blossom* (121994-C, 121023-W), Easter Blossoms* (121905-W, 122057-C), [Retired] By Definition background stamp (100307)
- CARD STOCK: Certainly Celery (105125), Early Espresso (119686), Peach Parfait (119794),
Whisper White (100730), Patterns Designer Series Paper Stack: Brights (117155)
- INK: Certainly Celery (105217), Peach Parfait (119783)
- ACCESSORIES: Punches: Build a Blossom* (121808), 1" Circle Medium (119868), 1-3/4" x 7/8" Large Oval (119855); Big Shot Die Cut Machine (113439), Scallop circle #2 Bigz Die (113469), Dimensionals (104430), Stamping Sponge (101610), Paper Snips (103579), Certainly Celery 5/8" Satin Ribbon (117288), 2-Way Glue Pen (100425)
Prepare your card stock:
- Certainly Celery: 8-1/2" x 5-1/2", scored and folded at 4-1/4"
- Whisper White: 4-3/16" x 5-7/16", 2" x 6", plus a scrap for the large oval punch
- Daffodil Delight DSP patterned piece: 4" x 5-1/4"
- Certainly Celery: 1" x 6" (leaf and stem)
- Peach Parfait: 4" x 4"
- Early Espresso: scrap for 1" circle punch
- Using the Big Shot and #2 Scallop Circle die, cut scallop circle from Peach Parfait card stock. Stamp with background stamp. Set aside.
- Stamp (shown) large petal from Build a Blossom stamp set, using Peach Parfait classic ink onto Whisper White card stock and punch out.
- Punch out a circle with the Whisper White card stock and 1" circle punch. Apply Snail adhesive to one side and attach the punched petals, starting out with 2 petals at opposite sides (like at the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock positions)
- Punch out a 1" circle from the Early Espresso card stock. Add a little handle, put the circle back into the punch and punch out a sort of 'football' shaped image to lay on top of your petals to hide the white base.
- Stamp (Certainly Celery) and punch (small leaf) image from Certainly Celery card stock. Set aside.
- Hand cut a stem from the 1" x 6" piece of Certainly Celery card stock.
- Layer the Daffodil Delight DSP to the Whisper White card stock.
- Attach the 3-1/2" scalloped circle to the Daffodil Delight DSP.
- Place dimensionals (do not remove backing yet) on the back of the flower. Lay flower on the Peach Parfait scalloped circle and position the stem. Remove flower, mark end of stem with a pencil. Cover back of stem with 2-Way Glue and attach to Peach Parfait 3-1/2" scallop circle---trim the end of the stem even with the Daffodil Delight DSP.
- Attach the flower, over the stem, to the card front.
- Wrap Certainly Celery satin ribbon around these layers and tie with a knot over the stem. Attach all layers to Certainly Celery card front.
- Stamp greeting, using Certainly Celery classic ink, onto Whisper White card stock. Punch out using large oval punch. Sponge edges with Certainly Celery classic ink.
- Attach punched greeting atop ribbon.
For a little step-up for this great spring card try this:
- Daffodil Delight card stock scrap
- Two-Step Bird XL (117191) punch
- Punch bird and wing from the 2-Way Bird Punch. Trim the bird's tail per the photo below:
- Sponge the edges of bird and wing.
- Attach wing to bird using a Dimensional. Attach the bird to card front using Dimensionals.
DONE! I hope you'll have fun making this delightful card for yourself.
Blythe Klipple, email@example.com, http://www.stampinwithblythe.com