HAVE YOU NOTICED that, when I list supplies for a project lately, I've been breaking out the tools from the embellishments? They really are quite different. Tools are what one NEEDS to create a layer, an accent piece, a specific look............ Embellishments are what you add to make your card pop, to add extra interest and charm to a card or scrapbook page.
Embellishments would include:
- Ribbons, Washi Tapes
- Basic Jewels: Rhinestone/Pearls
- Brads (including Candy Dots + bases), Hardware/Hung Up Cute Clips, Trinkets
- Embossing Powders, Glitters, Dazzling Details
- Stampin' Spritzer
- Tag a Bag Accessory Kit
- Creped Filter Papers, Lace Paper Doilies
Tools would include:
- Big Shot
- Embossing folders, sizzlits, framelits, bigz dies
- Simply Scored Scoring Tool
- Bone Folder
- Paper Piercing Tool, Mat, Packs
- Stampin' Trimmer; Rotary addition
- Paper Snips, Crafting Scissors
- Adhesives: Snail, Tombow, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Anywhere Glue, Sticky Strip
- Heat Tool
- Stampin' Mist, Stampin' Scrub
- Blender Pens, Aqua Painter
- Stamping Sponges, Dauber
- Ink Pads
- Card Stock, Designer Series Papers, Envelopes, Glimmer Papers, Watercolor Paper
Packaging?? Where would you categorize these?
- Kraft Gift boxes
- Sweet Pressed Cookie Stamps
- Cello Bags
- Tag a Bag Gift Boxes
- Tag a Bag Gift Bags
- Coaster Board
This wasn't quite where I intended to go with this post but it certainly made me think as I perused the 2013-14 Catalog from back to the front of the ACCESSORIES SECTION.
Regardless, whether it's a TOOL or an ACCESSORY/EMBELLISHMENT, they're all important when it comes to making an interesting piece of hand-crafted art. Could you create a card, tag, 3-D item or scrapbook page without some sort of an embellishment? What would it be? Let us know! Please.